The Saudi Pro League was established in 2008 (under the name of the Saudi Professional League Authority) under the umbrella of the Saudi Arabian Football Federation.
Saudi Pro League, operates with full administrative and financial independence and holds all commercial rights to the league competitions in its excellent category.
Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Saudi League
- Prince Nawaf Bin Faisal (August 2008 to February 2012)
- Mr. Mohamed Al-Nuwaiser (February 2012 to January 2016)
- Mr. Yasser Al-Mashel (January 2016 to October 2017)
- Mr. Adel Ezzat (December 2017 to March 2018)
- Mr. Musalli Al-Muammar (March 2018 to January 2020)
Executive Directors of the Saudi League League
- Mr. Mohamed Al-Nuweiser (August 2008 to February 2012)
- Mr. Yasser Al-Mashal (July 2013 to January 2016)
- Mr. Saad Al-Lathith (June 2016 to January 2017)
- Mr. Abdulaziz Al-Hamidi (January 2017 to date)
The main roles and competences of the Association
- Organization, management and marketing of the Professional League.
- Create, publish and modify operational rules and regulations in Professional League and take all steps to enforce relevant rules and regulations.
- Representing member clubs and acting in their own interests at all times.
- Provide Consultancy and advisory services to Clubs member as necessary to assist in their development, which may include workshops, guidance or other appropriate forms of support.
- Assign Match Commissioners and coordinators to Professional League matches, and SPL has the authority to appoint a third party to manage the process if necessary.
- Negotiate and sale of all commercial contracts in respect of professional League, and SPL has the authority to appoint a third party to manage the process if necessary.
- Manage and Operate proper Media services for Professional League.
- Distribution of financial allocations to member clubs.
- Developing social responsibility activities for members and Professional League companies.
- Apply the Saudi Clubs licenses list, in accordance with delegated authority by Saudi Arabian Football Federation to SPL.
- Corporate with the Saudi Arabian Football Federation, FIFA Council and other concerned parties in the Kingdom in all matters relating to international competitions and the laws of the game.
SPL Future Mission & Vision
- Access the Saudi Professional League to the top ten best league in the world. technically, commercially, financially and Media.
- The right to establish commercial companies under SPL umbrella, to suit the sports environment and contribute to raise the incomes of clubs such as marketing companies and facilities management companies, sporting events and companies to manage clubs stores.
- Developing and qualifying SPL and Clubs Staff.
- Contribute with clubs in finding sponsors and implementing their own business plan.
- Development of Electronic & Social Media Material for SPL activities.
- Organizing Final ceremony of the league championship and awards distribution festival.
- Organizing a match between best Player in league season with one of international teams.
- Preserving the commercial rights of clubs and preventing the exploitation of club slogans.